Saturday 16 November 2013

Boateng explains injury coincidences


Football | Ghana



Kevin-Prince Boateng has spoken to the hearts of Ghanaians who feel he picks and chooses when to wear the national colours.

The Schalke player ended his retirement from international football in August, but is yet to kick a ball due injuries he has developed in strange circumstances when it is game time.

"Of course it is a bad situation because every time there is a national team game I have a problem," he told All Sports on Friday.
The 26-year did make it to the team's camp in September when invited to play against Zambia but had to pull out following an injury he had at training.

And then in October, he had to stay in Germany just before being scheduled to join his teammates in Kumasi in preparation for the first leg of the Egypt game.
Boateng said: "Of course I can’t come if I am injured. I wanna be 100 per cent, I wanna be able to give everything when I come to play for Ghana."


The ex-German's player may have logical reasons, but he is aware that they have not been fully accepted by Ghanaian fans still smarting from his sudden retirement in November 2011.
"It is definitely not the case. I am always happy when I have to play for the Black Stars that is why I am here because I am a part of the team and the coach, the president and the players know I am always proud to be here," he said.
About the insults he kept seeing and getting on he Internet, the player feels fans who do that are taking the smoother road.

"Social network is an easy way to insult people and say bad things to them. The last time that I could not come to play for Ghana people sent me messages that we were not nice including people praying that I got injured."

"These messages they are not nice because I love playing football, I love playing football for my club, I love playing football for the Ghana."
Boateng has been training with the Ghana team in the Turkish city since Tuesday and will likely be a starter when Ghana play Egypt on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment