Thursday 28 November 2013

Moses can do much more – Keshi


Victor Moses
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi believes that Victor Moses has yet to give his best for the team and hopes that maximum output can be given by the Liverpool player when the World Cup kicks off in Brazil. Keshi who spoke in a response to the sports awards he and two of his players received in Lagos on Tuesday estimated Moses’ current output at 80 per cent.
Keshi admitted that Moses had done well so far with the Super Eagles, but thinks he could give the remaining percentage of his true potentials at Brazil 2014.


Keshi said, “He is a talented youngster and has been giving his total commitment when he comes to playing for Nigeria, but I believe that he has only given us 80 per cent; we hope he will give 100 per cent at the World Cup. He is still young but he can do better for the Super Eagles.
On Tuesday, Mikel Obi was named the sports person of the year while Moses got the football award. Keshi was voted the coach of the year.

The coach added that he also expects more from Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi at the World Cup.
“For Mikel, I am happy that gradually the world is recognising his talents which he has been showing anytime he played in the national team. I salute him and I am proud of his achievement but must also say it’s just the beginning of greater things to come for all the players in the national team.”

Moses made his international debut in Rwanda in 2012 in an African Nations Cup qualifying game. He swept into the homes of Eagles fans with his output at the 2013 African Nations Cup in South Africa. Both Mikel and Moses are in the race for the African award.
On his own award, Keshi said it came to him as a surprise.

“I am happy that there are some people out there who are taking note of our little contribution to Nigerian football and thought it wise to give awards. The award will give me more energy, zeal and determination to do more for football in Nigeria at the highest level,” he said.

“I must give honour to my employers the NFF who have been very supportive of my programmes. I thank them for that. I also thank my assistants and other staff I that have worked with, the players who have been totally committed, fans of the game who have been more than supportive and more importantly God Almighty, without whom nothing could have been achieved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment