Monday 10 February 2014

Michael Sam Makes History As The 1st NFL Gay To Admit His Sexuality

 
While Seun Kuti may be asking the gay community in Nigeria to ignore the recently signed anti-gay law to come out, it is something that Michael Sam, a former University of Missouri All-American linebacker has been able to do, he has made history as the first openly gay player in the NFL. Sam was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Year and he is saying that he is openly a proud gay man and claims his teammates and coaches at Mizzou have known since August.

Sam admits: “I am an openly, proud gay man. I understand how big this is,” he said. “It’s a big deal. No one has done this before. And it’s kind of a nervous process, but I know what I want to be … I want to be a football player in the NFL. I’m not afraid to tell the world who I am. I’m Michael Sam: I’m a college graduate. I’m African American, and I’m gay,” he said. “I’m comfortable in my skin.”
Though, he is not the first sports man to come out as gay lately, but he has planned for this confession a long time ago and he is ready to face whatever may come out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment