Friday 22 November 2013

Ike Uche dreams Eagles return


Uche
Villarreal striker Ikechukwu Uche has enjoyed a rich vein of form recently in La Liga, but hasn’t featured for Nigeria lately, as they secured their qualification for the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil next summer.

During a press call at Villarreal on Wednesday, Uche made it clear that although he knows there is stiff competition for attacking places in the Nigerian squad, he’s not giving up hope of making it to Brazil, by demonstrating what he has to offer in La Liga.

“I’ll see what I can do here. If I do well at Villarreal, then I’ll have my chances and in the end, it’s up to the national team manager to decide. I’m focused on my daily work and know that I will have options,” Uche told Inside Spanish Football.

Putting thoughts of the World Cup to the back of his mind for now though, Uche is focused on maintaining his own level of performance in the upcoming game against Levante this weekend.

“I have to keep up the same work and goals, which is what is asked of me. I’m scoring and I want to keep doing that, though the primary thing is to think about the team and that we can keep getting good results, as we have in recent weeks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment