Friday 13 December 2013

Gomaa set to retire


Football | Egypt



















Al Ahly veteran defender Wael Gomaa has hinted that he will retire after the FIFA Club World Cup in Morocco.
Gomaa will lead Al Ahly in their first match Saturday against Guangzhou Evergrande of China at the Agdir stadium.

“ Maybe my matches with Al Ahly in the FIFA Club World Cup be the last with the Red Devils as I am thinking seriously to retire after this tournament . I hope to play against Bayern Munich and that will be a good end to my football life” Wael said to reports.

”Many of my teams -mates and my coach are talking with me to stay on for one or two more seasons and while I respect them I feel the need to retire”.
Gomaa was born in 1975 and he started his career with Ghazl El-Mahalla in 1993 till 2001 when he moved to Al Ahly where he led the Cairo based team to win six African Champions League titles in 2001 , 2005 , 2006, 2008 ,2012 and 2013, He was also instrumental in helping the Egyptian National team win three AFCON titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment