Saturday 30 November 2013

Moses targets 20-goal mark with Liverpool


Football | Nigeria



















 Nigeria international, Victor Moses has set himself a 20-goal target this season with English giants, Liverpool.
The 22-year-old has scored just once for Liverpool since completing a summer loan move from Chelsea on deadline day in the transfer window.
But the former Crystal Palace man is hopeful he can start getting among the goals for Brendan Rodgers’ team.

However, Moses recognises that he has “to be patient until my comes.”
"I just want to score goals. I wanted to score around 20 goals this season.
"We've still got lots of games to go so hopefully I can get up to that target.
"I think I've got the ability to do that so I'm looking forward to every game.
"When I first came, I was starting. Now, the manager has got a different view and he wants to mix things around a little bit.

"I just have to be patient until my time comes. I'll kick on from there and help the team," Moses has been quoted in the English media as saying.

The Nigerian winger also pointed out that the duo of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have been “prolific” in front of goals this term which has helped Liverpool averaged two goals per game so far.
Moses believes Liverpool can score more goals considering the number of quality players in the team at present.

"We can score more goals because we have got two prolific strikers.
"We can score two or three goals in every game because we have got enough quality players to do that.
"We've been doing well so far, we just want to keep working hard in training and the games to score as many as we can.

p>"We've got enough quality players to win games this season. Everyone is working hard together as a team. That's what we need. We've got a good keeper as well, who has been helping us," said Moses. Moses has made 10 appearances for Liverpool in league and Cup competitions this season including featuring in their last three matches against Eveton, Fulham and Arsenal as second half substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment