Monday 20 January 2014

Oprah Winfrey To Produce Selma, Starring David Oyelowo As Martin Luther King Jr

 

Oprah Winfrey is not taking her defeat from Lupita Nyong’o at the last concluded SAG award to heart neither is she losing sleep that she was snubbed by Oscar, Oprah is looking at the brighter side and jokes she has already won even if Oscar will not recognize her effort in making her hit movie, Butler, she has more movies coming soon, for fans of her performance in Lee Daniels’ The Butler, Oprah has some good news for you, she is coming on board to act as a producer on Selma, the drama about the historic civic rights marches that have Nigerian British actor David Oyelowo portraying Martin Luther King Jr.
Don’t be disappointed with the Oscar snub, Winfrey said “… I really look at that category and look who is nominated in that category: my friend Julia Roberts and June Squibb, whom I don’t know, but Sally Hawkins and Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong’o. I think that’s fantastic. And so I haven’t picked up the acting chops in 15 years.
So to be able to be a part of a film that could get that kind of attention, that could earn the kind of audience respect that it has, I’ve been saying all along, ‘I’ve already won. I already won.’”
Oprah said the world should get ready to watch David playing as the great civil rights activist. “Since I first met Oprah, no one has had more belief in me. I feel called to play this role and I asked her if she would stand by my side, and she said she would come along and produce it”, Oyelowo said.
Maybe, this movie will win an award for them…In 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment